3 rounds each for time of:
Every 6 minutes complete:
400 M Run
21 Thrusters (95/65)
Max reps pull ups
Post time for each round and total pull ups to comments.
Strength: Sumo Deadlift 5-5-5-5
Work Ethic Calculator
Run Faster With Less Training Time: New Research on 10-20-30 Method
The Beginner Mentality
Josh Everett and CrossFit Kids – video [wmv] [mov]
Top 10 Performance Tips For CrossFitters
1) Figure out what exactly motivates you & embrace it. “The people around me and the constant watchful eyes”
2) Have some goals, mostly short term, performance oriented ones that can be measured. “I want to finish an RXd Annie in under 10 minutes by May”
3) Smile and laugh maybe even dance a little. This isn’t war; it is simply playing with odd objects with your friends. Enjoy it.
4) Learn how to implement deep, diaphragmatic breaths throughout your training . When everyone else is struggling to recover…you will be controlling your flow of oxygen.
5) Have an optimistic mindset. Really, what benefit is it to be negative? Or to speak negatively to yourself? “I have prepared myself and I am going to crush this Deadlift”
6) Focus on the movement/skill @ hand. In that moment pick a cue word, reducing the complexity. “UP” “SHRUG” “HIPS” “POP”
7) Keep notes in your journal about how you felt that day, 1 area to improve on & 2 strengths. “Running– sloppy: Front Squat- PR: Shoulder Mobility- felt great”
8 ) After a max effort, your form is a little ugly (or really ugly). When you’re done…strip the weight (most of it or all of it) and knock out 3 perfect, clean reps. Then go high-five someone.
9) Spend some time prepping your mind before or during warm-up. Set your intentions. “Why am I here? What do I want to accomplish today?”
10) Seek coaching. Be open to tips and advice. You Crossfit to learn about yourself and push your limits. When you think you are perfect… go renew your membership at Gold’s Gym.
Post your Comment (16)