“Deck of Cards”
Diamonds-200 M Run
Spades-Handstand Push Ups
Hearts-KB Swings (53/35)
Clubs-D-Ball Cleans (over shoulder)
Jokers- 1000 M Row
Each team of two athletes will receive one complete deck of playing cards for time. Each player will draw a card and perform the card number and the suit exercise and then draw another card. This will continue until the deck is completed. Complete one 200 M Run for every diamond drawn. Face cards are worth 10 and Aces are worth 11.
Signs you may be a CrossFitter:
20. If when you meet a woman named Grace, Helen, or Elizabeth you cringe.
19. Half of your laundry has chalk dust on it.
18. The first thing you do when planning a trip, is check the gym schedule of wherever it is your going.
17. You have lashes on your body from trying to do double-unders.
16. You talk about being “broke down” and your fellow CrossFitters know your car is fine.
15.You hook grip everything. Must.Lift.All.The.Things
14.You cook meals ahead of time – this has equally to do with the fact you are eating healthy as it does that you simply have zero time to cook between your work schedule and your gym time.
13. Your hands are a mess. You catch yourself picking at calluses during work meetings.
12. You own multiple shoes that you wear based on the WOD. Running shoes, rope climbing shoes, weightlifting shoes, double under shoes, etc.
11. You don’t want to stay out too late on Friday night because “Hey, I still have a WOD to do on Saturday morning.”
10. You are fluent in acronyms. Today your WOD was 3RFT of 15 OHS, 12 HSPU, and 9 GHD.
9. You never cherry pick workouts because you know you are going no matter what it is.
8. You have demonstrated proper burpee form to your co-workers, more than once. They may not know your name, but they know you CrossFit.
7. You overuse the word “beast”.
6. Subconsciously, you make a WOD out of any mundane task. “Grocery shopping for time anyone?”
5. You have a picture somewhere in your social media accounts of you doing a handstand or pistol. Bonus points: That handstand or pistol is being performed at a landmark of some sort, outdoors.
4. Squats. Squats are always the answer.
3. Refresh is your favorite button after 9pm.
2. You consider other CrossFitter’s family.
1. Gym is life.